- Filter Pocket
- Replaceable nose wire (pipe cleaner)
- Drawstring ties
How to correctly wear a face mask for COVID19
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before placing on face
- Hold face mask by ties. Place lower loop at the base of your neck and tie at crown of head, using drawstring to tighten.
- Mask should cover nose and mouth and sit just under chin. Mask should be snug, but not tight. Shape wire over bridge of nose for best fit.
- While wearing, avoid touching outside of mask as it may be contaminated.
- If removal is necessary, remove by ties and place on disposable surface (eg. paper towel).
- Avoid touching outside of mask if possible.
- Always wash your hands or use sanitizer every time you interact with your mask.
Mask removal and care
- Avoid touching outside of mask
- Wash immediately using soap, and hot water of at least 60 degrees Celsius or HOT setting on washing machine
- Dry on HIGH HEAT to sanitize the mask.
- Nose wire and ties can be removed for washing.
We do not endorse the use of cloth masks in health care settings, particularly when employer policies and procedures prohibit the use of non-hospital issued PPE.
All cloth mask recipients are responsible for knowing their employer’s policies and expectations regardless of work setting.
Please be aware that cloth masks do not provide the same protection as N95’s or surgical masks and are not appropriate for all settings.